Are you thinking about deleting your Facebook page?
Before you hit the deactivate my account button there are a few things you might want to consider before you say goodbye forever.
- Facebook has become our connection to friends and family. Do you have another platform in mind that you can stay in contact with your group of people? You could use Twitter or LinkedIn as an alternative. Make sure before you disconnect from Facebook entirely you say your proper goodbyes and let people know what platform you are going to be using.
- Do you have Apps you have connected to via Facebook? If so you will have to change the way you sign into those Apps or Facebook will reactivate your account.
- It takes approximately 2 weeks to completely be disconnected from Facebook.
- You need to download a copy of your Facebook data before you delete your account. Reason being is most of us have pictures and messages we don’t want to lose. To do this simply go to settings and toward the bottom, there is a link to download a copy of your Facebook data. Facebook will send you an email confirming you asked for a download of your data. Then a little while later, after Facebook compiles all your data they will send you a zip file to download.
- The next thing we recommend is visiting https://deletefacebook.com/guide/, This is a complete guide on how to delete your Facebook account forever.
If you don’t feel like you are ready to disconnect from Facebook, you can also change the privacy settings to help keep you protected. Here is a great article on just what you need to change to stay safe. Facebook Privacy Settings: 18 changes you should make right away. We hope this helps.
Until Next Time,
Categorised in: Technology Information
This post was written by Karen