Drat. Your computer (or iPad) doesn’t appear to be working anymore. That’s okay. Megabite Computer Services offers free computer recycling drop-off. All you need to do is bring your unwanted technology to our shop located at 816 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Florida. Help us go green at Megabite.
Do you know for sure your computer is broken?
Maybe you have put your computer in a closet because the last time you tried to use it, it didn’t work. It may not be broken after all. You may be having computer problems related to environmental conditions. Why not let Megabite take a look at it before you decide that your device is a lost cause.
Reasons to go green at Megabite
1. Consumer electronic devices are full of toxic chemicals. Do not toss them in the trash because they require proper disposal.
2. You can even bring your hard drives to us when they are not working. We won’t be able to fix them, but we can shred them for you.
3. Every time you trash something that can be recycled or reused, you are making the problems we have with our landfills worse. Electronic components are constantly being recycled to build new and better items.
4. You can bring your end-of-life devices that have outlived their usefulness to us. We use working parts to build and give second-hand computers to nonprofits in our community. They can turn them over to needy people in the immediate neighborhood, as well as Nassau County.
Did you know that recycling 1 million cell phones reduces greenhouse gas emissions equal to taking 33 cars off the road for a year? (taken from e-cycle.com.
5. You are taking responsible ownership and taking the first step in protecting the environment.
Be part of the Go Green at Megabite
Recycle those old computers, smartphones, and servers!
Why not participate in Go Green at Megabite on St. Patrick’s Day. Please celebrate with us knowing that you are doing a good thing in discarding e-waste.
Don’t be one of the people that may be too busy, doesn’t have enough time, or just doesn’t care. If you have questions, contact us or call us at 904-430-0350.
Go Green at Megabite. Bring your electronics that need recycling to us on March 17th.
Megabite Computer Services
816 Sadler Road
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Categorised in: Recycling
This post was written by Pam Lokker