Have you ever been so dependent on your alarm on your Android and had it not go off? Moreover, you overslept and were late for a meeting? Here is how you can fix an Android Silent Alarm.
The smartphone is the center of most of your lives. You get your emails on it, control financial transactions and make purchases. You probably never give your Android alarm a second thought; you just expect it to work when it’s supposed to. But when your Android alarm falls silent, it is time to fix it.
Six ways to fix your Android silent alarm
While it can be aggravating, fixing the issues is not hard. So, you don’t need to stomp on it. Just follow the six ways below.
1. Restart your phone. Like rebooting a computer, this may be all you need to do to fix your Android alarm. The reason this helps is you clear the temporary because it clears the temporary cache. That way, minor changes are reset to their normal state when you reactivate. In addition, it clears the RAM, which stores the bits of data you used while your phone was malfunctioning.
2. Check the alarm volume and tone. If you have a newer model or a recent update, your alarm comes with independent volume control. You may have turned the volume down and didn’t remember to turn it back up. That would cause you not to hear your alarm.
However, there is an easy fix. All you need to do is press the volume increase/decrease button, and the slider will pop up on your screen. Tapping the downward arrow right beside the slider will open the volume drop-down menu, displaying options like Alarm, Media, System, etc.
The options cannot be seen.
If you don’t see the alarm slider, MUO says that is not unusual. Pull the slider to the right to increase the volume on your alarm. As you drag the slider, you will hear how the volume changes and can listen to the alarm tone. If your alarm volume is too low, you may have an inaudible alarm tone. If your alarm tone is too quiet to be heard, you may have a tone downloaded or added from the internet. Such ringtones are ineffective at waking you up, particularly if you are in a deep slumber.
To change the volume on your alarm, you can go and change it. We suggest using a default system tone for alarms as they’re usually better. You can grab a new tone from the Clock app’s alarm ringtones list. However, if none of them seem to suit you, don’t fret. You can use a different alarm app to achieve the same result.
Let’s move on to step 3 if your Android silent alarm is still not fixed.
3. Clear the clock app cache. Clearing the cache or the storage data for the Clock app can often help. The disadvantage of using this fix is that if you erase the data, you will lose your existing alarms. If that happens, you will need to create them again. Don’t worry. Either take a screenshot of the alarms or make a note of them.
To clear the cache and data for the Clock app, tap on Settings > Apps > Clock. Alternatively, long-pressing the Clock app on your phone screen and selecting App Info also does the trick.
Whichever way you decide, your next move is to select Storage > Clear Cache, which should ensure your Android silent alarm works again.
You are now ready to move on to step four.
4. Uninstall updates on your Clock app. Default apps might receive updates that introduce bugs or may not work as well with your phone.
Again, MUO explains how to do this. Since you cannot remove the Clock app, you can uninstall all updates and return your device to the original factory version.
For this, you will need to again head down to Settings, scroll down until you find the Clock app, or search for it if the option is available. On the app information page, you will find the Uninstall updates button.
5. Check your “Do Not Disturb” settings. These settings are known for causing problems in other apps. Yes, that includes the digital alarm clock app. Not everyone knows that the “Do Not Disturb” settings exist. Regardless, here is how to change it.
Navigate to Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb. Alternatively, you can take the shortcut through the Quick Settings panel. Swipe down the top of the screen with your finger twice to open the fully expanded quick settings tray, and long-press on Do not disturb.
Now select Allow exceptions. This will give you a list of options, but you must choose the Alarm option. Make sure to hit the toggle button next to it to enable it.
Finally, the last thing you should check if nothing else has worked is step six.
6. Reset preferences for the clock app Personal data will not be deleted. Unfortunately, it will reset all your phone settings to their default values for all your apps.
You have done everything to fix your Android silent alarm.
To reset the preferences, launch Settings and then tap on System. From there, select Reset options and confirm. On some phones, the setting might appear under the Apps menu. When you open the app list, tap on the 3-dot menu and choose Reset app preferences > Reset.
You’ve now completed all the necessary steps to fix your Android silent alarm. Hopefully, you fixed your Android silent alarm. If not, reboot your device and try again.
If you constantly struggle with this issue, you can see if your Android mobile phone has or is otherwise compromised. Various viruses can cause this problem, and an infected device could lead to further problems.
Regardless of the solution, you will still want to ensure that your Android device is secure and that you have taken all the suitable security precautions.
Sometimes, our devices can be enough to make us want to tear our hair out. Megabite takes away that frustration with our One-On-One classes. Our dedicated team understands every individual learns differently. We even have a class for Android.
Call us today at 904-430-0350 for more information about our one-on-one classes.Tags: Android issues
Categorised in: IT Mobility
This post was written by Pam Lokker